For security reasons, LCU recommends updating browsers to the most recent version for your operating system.
Recommended Browser Versions
Use the latest version of Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Chrome for the best Moodle experience.
- Firefox will have fewer issues with Moodle.
- Chrome will work with Moodle, but if issues occur, change to Firefox.
- Safari will work in with Moodle, but if issues occur, change to Firefox.
- Safari has known issues with the Turnitin assignments
- If your course uses Turnitin, use the latest version of Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- LCU computers are configured for Moodle.
- Internet Explorer it is no longer supported by Microsoft. Do not use.
- Enable Pop-ups
Browser Settings Support
- Firefox Support | Firefox
- Chrome Support | Chrome
- Microsoft Edge Support | Microsoft
- Safari Help: On your device: Go to Safari > Preferences.
- The settings are located on the Security and Privacy tabs.
- Update browser
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Try a different browser and/or move to a different computer.
You will find it helpful to have more than one browser installed on your computer. Moving to another browser or computer may resolve issues. If the problem persists, knowing what browsers you have tried will help to diagnose the problem.
Still having problems?
Report your problem to Chapdesk |email or call (806) 720-7100 for assistance.
Clearing cache means deleting what's stored in the browser's memory, including files, cookies, and browsing history.
Clear your browser's cache periodically for security reasons and to improve the performance of Moodle.
For all Windows supported browsers:
Press Ctrl-Shift-Delete to open the pop-up window and follow the directions.
Mozilla Firefox: In the Clear All History pop-up window: Set Time range to clear to Everything > Select the checkboxes to delete everything except Site Preferences >Click Clear Now
Chrome: In the Clear Browsing Data pop-up window: Set Obliterate the following items from to the beginning of time > Select all checkboxes except Media licenses >Click Clear browsing data.
Edge: Under Clear browsing data: Click Choose what to clear >Select Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files, Download history, Form data, and Passwords > Click Clear.
For all Mac browsers: Follow the directions, then be sure to close and reopen your browser.
- Go to Safari > Preferences > Click the Privacy tab > Click Remove All Website Data.
- Clear History > Choose all history from the Clear dropdown list > Click Clear History.